January 17, 2012

Roller Coaster

With the stress that we had yesterday before we came back to the hospital early this morning we decided we were going to come in with a positive outlook for today and know that Mallory would make great strides today. But she had a different plan, the whole day we have been fighting each of the lungs failing. The nurses today fought all day to get the left lung opened after it collapsed this morning and then as soon as it was cleared out and 5 minutes into the shift change, her right one failed and all of her sats dropped. There is no worst feeling you can have then a bunch of different people coming into the room all looking at different things, X-rays happening and not being able to do a single thing for your child but watch and pray!!! The one good thing from all of them being here is knowing they will do everything they can to make it better and get her back on the right track, which is what they did. In the process they were able to get a lot of secretions out of her chest, which actually put her further ahead then where she was before the collapsing!! This roller coaster of emotions and feelings is something that we wish no one ever has to go through, but we can also say that we would not want to be anywhere else then right here with our little girl!!! Which from the picture below you can see she is just hanging out now.

8 comments:

  1. As you know, I'm still thinking about you guys and praying for you all. I wish there was something I could do to help take some of the stress off of you, but I know until she is out of the bed and in your arms.. you will feel under pressure. I can't imagine how emotional this journey is for you all. I'm glad she is in a good hospital with people who can be there to help her through this and glad you got your own room. I hope you guys have a good night and if you need anything.. You know can call me anytime:)
    Meela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there! She is one tough little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. U 2 are very strong parents and little Mallory is showing us all she is too. Praying for u guys. God has big plans for this beautiful little girl. Luv u guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miranda hang in there and I want you to know we are praying for you, your husband and your baby and your family. Hold tight to God and he will see you through. Love and Prayers
    Kelly Herald Stout

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of you are still in my thoughts and prayers. She is one tough little girl and more beautiful every time I see a different picture. I so glad you are in such a wonderful hospital and that you are so confident in all who have a hand in Mallory's care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Think of you guys on a daily basis...still praying....Jesus has his hand on little Mallory...that is all that she needs! :) Huggs!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Miranda,

    You don't know me, but my Mom works at the Atomic plant in the Credit Union and she directed me to your site. I work at God's Bible College in Cincinnati, OH and will be praying for you and your little one! I'll also be mentioning her to everyone I work with so they can pray too! Many blessings to your family!

    Betty Jo

    ReplyDelete